top of page
  • What should I do if I receive a deed restriction violation letter?
    First, don’t panic! The first letter is merely to bring your attention to the possibility of a violation. The wording of the letter is a legal formality that allows the association to pursue legal action, only if necessary, at a later date. Refer to the deed restrictions for more information.
  • How do I report a stray dog or cat?
    Section 10-4 of Part II of the Conroe Ordinance states, “It shall be unlawful for the owner or keeper of any animal to permit the animal to run at large at any time within the corporate limits of the city.” Animal Control personnel are responsible for handling all calls concerning domestic and wild animals. Complaints concerning violations of the various municipal ordinances related to the keeping of wild animals and the control of domesticated animals may be directed to Animal Control. They are equipped with the necessary gear to control most situations and have been called upon to take control of everything from common house cats to alligators. Call Animal Control at 936-522-3211. Note: If you attempt to transport the animal to Animal Control yourself, be aware that only animals found within the Conroe City Limits can be turned in to the Conroe Animal Shelter on Sgt. Ed Holcomb Boulevard. Animals found outside the Conroe City Limits must be taken to the Montgomery County Animal Shelter on State Highway 242 just east of I-45.
  • What number do I call to report a gas leak?
    Contact CenterPoint Energy at 1-800-752-8036 immediately to report public gas leaks or a dangerous leak in or around your home. Do NOT use the phone or any other electrical appliance in the vicinity of a strong gas smell as a spark may cause ignition. Plumbers usually take care of small gas leaks in and around a residence.
  • What should I do if I see vandalism?
    Call 9-1-1 in an emergency or non-emergency situation. DO NOT confront possibly violent persons. 9-1-1 will assess the situation and, if needed, transfer you to an alternate number.
  • What number do I call if I need the police?
    In an emergency situation immediately call 9-1-1. If the situation is not an emergency, the incident occurred within Conroe city limits, and there are no known suspects, go to the City of Conroe web site (, choose the Department Tab and click on the Police Department Home Page. Choose Online Reporting from the drop down menu, or when that page opens, choose Online Reporting from the sidebar, or simply click here. Once the report has been filed print a copy for your records.
  • How do I get approval to build a shed in my back yard?
    Download and complete the Architectural Review Committee (ARC) Application Requirements, Application, and Do’s and Don’ts forms from the Architectural Review Committee Page. You may contact the management company IMC at 936-756-0032 if you have additional questions.
  • Do I need a building permit from the City of Conroe?
    Most construction activities require a permit. In general, if you expand or structurally alter your home, or alter any of the wiring, plumbing, or mechanical systems, you will need a permit. Interior renovations such as painting, carpet, and cabinets do not require a permit. Re-roofing a house does not require a permit providing the structural sheathing and/or roof rafters do not need to be replaced. Residential detached accessory buildings, without plumbing or electrical, that are 144 sq. ft. or less do not require a permit. However, care should be taken on the placement of such buildings since they cannot encroach into the building lines and cannot be placed within an easement. Replacing plumbing fixtures (except water heaters) or replacing electrical fixtures (without altering the wiring) does not require a permit. To get a precise answer, contact the Conroe Building Department at 936-522-3060 and explain the nature of the proposed work.
  • What should I do when I observe strangers or unauthorized activities in the private parks?
    The parks in Crighton Ridge are privately owned by the Crighton Ridge Homeowner’s Association and are intended for the enjoyment of Crighton Ridge residents and their guests. Private property signs are posted in each park. For liability and safety reasons, signs have been posted near the waterfall in the Section 1 park prohibiting climbing on the rocks. If you see individuals in either park engaged in a dangerous or suspicious activity (i.e. climbing on the waterfall rocks, shooting fireworks, harassing the ducks, etc.) and are comfortable approaching strangers, inquire if they are residents. If they are not residents, you may ask them to leave. If you are not comfortable taking such action but feel certain they are not residents, call 9-1-1 to report trespassers on private property. DO NOT attempt to force someone to leave. Occasionally professional photographers use the park in Section 1 for wedding photos or other group photos. If you see a photographer taking photos and are comfortable approaching a stranger, introduce yourself as a resident, inquire if they are a guest of a resident, and ask for a business card. If they are not a guest of a resident, pass on the card to a member of the board and the board will write an appropriate letter advising that the parks are private property. Residents – if you give permission for guests to use our park, please accompany them or ensure they have something in writing that includes your name and contact information that you have signed and dated authorizing them to be in the park.
  • How do I report a streetlight that is out?
    Contact Entergy either by phone at 1-800-368-3749 or by email on the Entergy web site ( Identify which light is out either by the address where the pole is located or by the number on the pole (a few streetlights in Crighton Ridge have pole numbers).
  • What number do I call if I'm having trouble with my water?
    Conroe Public Works Department Administration can be reached at 936-522-3885 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday to report water leaks, sewer leaks, sewer stoppages, traffic hazards, etc. After office hours, on weekends and holidays, call 936-522-3829 or fax to 936-522-3898. When reporting an emergency, please provide your name, address, phone number and a brief explanation of the emergency. If sewer is stopped up, please contact Public Works BEFORE calling a plumber; they will let you know if it is a private problem requiring a plumber. Don’t assume your neighbor will make the call.
  • What number do I call if I'm having trouble or have questions about my trash pickup?
    The City of Conroe contracts with Waste Management for trash and recycling services. Waste Management's customer service can be reached at 800-800-5804 or the City of Conroe at 936-522-3170. For information, click here. Standard trash and recycling pickup for Crighton Ridge is on Friday. When a major holiday (Christmas, New Year’s Day, Fourth of July), falls on a regular trash day, trash will be picked up on the next day. Bulk trash pickups occur on the second Wednesday of each month. You may put out mattresses, furniture, or lawn waste in bundles or bags. Do NOT use the large, regular wheeled cans for bulk trash. You may use smaller trashcans that are not too heavy to lift. Household chemical waste such as paint, pool chemicals or electronics can be disposed of at the Montgomery County Recycling Center, 1122 Pruitt Road in Spring, Texas. Paint can be dropped off on the 3rd Saturday of each month. Other household chemicals can be dropped off any Wednesday or the third Saturday. The center is open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm but is closed for lunch from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm. Call 281-367-7283 to confirm hours. More information is available by clicking here.
  • I want to have a party in my neighborhood. Do I need an amplification permit?
    If a live band or DJ will be performing, or if loud music (i.e. a sound system) will be played, an amplification permit is required. The permit may be obtained in person at the Permits Division at the City of Conroe at 300 West Davis. The permit must be applied for at least 10 working days prior to the event and is valid until 10:00 pm the day of the event and must be posted in plain view on the site of the event.
  • Are solicitors allowed in Crighton Ridge?
    Solicitation is not illegal in the City of Conroe but the City does require all solicitors be licensed. As a resident, however, you can choose whether to listen to or buy from a solicitor or simply to not open the door. City of Conroe ordinances state, “It shall be unlawful for any person, except with the express advance consent of the owner, to enter in or upon any home or residential premises within the city to solicit or to sell or offer to sell merchandise, except between the hours of 9:00 am and 9:00 pm.” If you feel a solicitor is not licensed, is in the neighborhood at the wrong hours, or is menacing or threatening, immediately call 9-1-1 and ask for an officer to come out. Some additional safety tips: - Observe the solicitor first through a window or door viewer - If it’s a company you’ve contacted for service, don’t hesitate to ask for identification - If the individual appears suspicious or refuses to leave after being told to do so, call the Sheriff’s Office while the door is still closed and locked - Only open the door if you know the individual. - Let your neighbors know of your experience so that they, too, can be cautious if someone comes to their door.
  • What can I do about dogs that bark all night or are damaging the fence between properties?
    Your first step in any dispute with a neighbor should be a polite communication. Your neighbor may be unaware that a problem exists. Be sure to be as specific as possible in describing the problem so that he or she can understand exactly what is bothering you. If you work an unusual schedule or if someone in your home is seriously ill and requires extra sleep, be sure to let the neighbor know. If a telephone call or a visit does not get the desired result, you may have to register a formal complaint with the Sheriff’s Office and/or Animal Control. Sometimes an officer from one of these agencies will come and speak to the neighbor on your behalf. Before calling Animal Control with a nuisance complaint, be sure to document the following: - Address and directions to animal(s) - Tape recordings of the animal(s) - Detailed listing of any loss incurred - Witness statements - Make consistent complaints
  • Is mosquito spraying done in the neighborhood?
    The City of Conroe begins spraying for mosquitoes in May each year. The contracted pest control company sprays once every week starting at dusk and sprays the entire City limits, with the exception of gated communities and parks. For questions or concerns about mosquito spraying, please contact the Public Works Office at 936-522-3885 during regular business hours. The Homeowners Association authorizes and pays for additional spraying as needed. Due to the large Crighton Ridge lots, spraying at the street may not control mosquitoes over your entire yard but does help to control mosquito populations in the ditches.
  • Are there private schools in the area?
    Private schools in the vicinity include: - Covenant Christian School (0.6 miles) - Sacred Heart Catholic School (3.1 miles) - Advent Christian Academy (3.4 miles) - Glenwood Private School (3.6 miles) - Christ Community School (5.6 miles) - Woodlands Christian Academy (5.1 miles) - Calvary Baptist School (6.4 miles) - Oakridge Christian Academy (7.5 miles)
  • I have a monitored alarm on my home. How do I get an alarm permit from the City of Conroe?
    Click here to download a copy of the permit.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a question to add?

Send an email to Ruth Pewitt

bottom of page